“Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.” -Thích Nhat Hanh
1. Find a quiet place to sit without any distractions. (Best sitting position for me is to sit spine straight up in a chair with both feet flat on the ground as hands are relaxed on my lap).
2. Close your eyes.
3. Take 4 slow deep belly breaths in and exhale slowly to relax yourself. (Take as many deep breathes as needed to get yourself in a relaxed state; each person is different so do what works for you).
4. Now visualize a balloon with a string tied to it floating in the air with the other end of the string tied to your heart. Whatever the ‘negative‘ feeling, situation or person you are experiencing; imagine and visualize just that in the balloon. (It can be a person’s face, a name, a memory, words such as ‘fear,’ ‘hate,’ etc…).
5. As you inhale slowly say to yourself:
“I accept all that IS.”
6. As you exhale, say to yourself:
“I release and let go of _________.” (You fill in the ‘negative’ or whatever it is that you want to clear).
7. Continue to breathe and…
8. Visualize holding scissors in your hand while you picture yourself cutting the balloon string as you peacefully watch the balloon –(with the ‘negative’ inside)– float away into the sky until you no longer see it. (I like to think that the balloon, along with my unpleasant feeling is drifting away with the wind up into the sky, out of Earth and goes to a place that can no longer come back to me).
*Repeat as many times as you feel. The more I do this, the more at ease and peace I feel. If you have tried this technique please feel free to share your experience and/or if you have any thoughts and feeling you would like to share, please comment in the box below. I would love to hear from you!
Happy Breathing, Releasing and Letting Go!
“Remember to breathe. It is after all, the secret of life.” -Gregory Maguire
“For breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth.” -Sanskrit Proverb
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOU CAN CREATE WHAT YOU WANT.