“Stress is the trash of modern life—we all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life.” -Danzae Pace
1. Breathing exercises. Wherever you are or whatever you may be doing, stop for a couple minutes and take the time for yourself to take a deep breath in and release and exhale your breath out. Focus completely on your breath to loose the tension you may be experiencing. A little technique I like to use is:
As I close my eyes and I inhale deeply, I visualize a white light of peacefulness going in throughout my body and washing away all of the anxiety and distress and as I exhale I visualize the weight of the burdens dissolve as I am free from any stress and I feel harmonious and good.
2. Be in the Present. Be in the current moment you are in. By thinking about the million other things you need to do is not really where you are–if anything, it is creating more stress and illusions. Focus on the task at hand. One thing at a time. Here is something that can help, say to yourself and complete the sentence:
“Right now I have to __________.”
3. Do Yoga. Take the time out of your day to practice yoga. Even if you cannot practice it everyday, do it when you can. Yoga has been known to improve people’s health in many ways. I personally can say that I practice yoga and see improvement with tension in my neck and shoulders, not to mention, calms me down and brings me back to center when I am feeling stressed out.
4. Positive Attitude. Having a positive attitude also helps out tremendously. Knowing that you are stressed, your mind is probably focused on the bad of what is going on in your life. Try and refocus your thoughts to the brighter side of the situation and remember: there is always a positive side to everything (sometimes we have to look for it).
5. Take a walk. Taking walks can help you clear your mind and bring you back into your natural calm state. Focus on the environment around you and think of all of the things you are thankful and grateful for. This can put you more at ease.
6. Do exercises of your choice. Exercise can help release and reduce any negative feelings and stress you may be feeling and experiencing.
7. Your diet is also important. Make sure to maintain a healthy diet with eating healthy.
8. Talk out or write down your feelings and emotions. Never hold in what you are feeling, it can only add up and build up more tension. Therefore, in each moment, be aware of how you are feeling and say to yourself:
“I am feeling __________ because of __________. Now that I am conscious of how I feel– I release and let go of the negative emotions as I fill myself up with joy, happiness and goodness.”
Moreover, it is nice to have a support system. Talk to a friend, a family member, a coworker, or whoever it may be that you feel comfortable talking with. If you do not feel comfortable talking with someone you personally know, look up a counselor, coach or psychologist in your local area. They keep information confidential and will help you cope effectively with any life issues you may be experiencing.
Also, writing down your feelings and thoughts is a good way to relieve stress. Carry a little note book and pen with you and write down any feelings you may encounter; it will decrease tension and help the stressed moment pass on by.
9. Get a professional massage. By getting massage it allows you to be more relaxed and put you in a tranquil state. A massage always works for me.
10. Release stress by doing a favorite hobby. When I feel stressed; I like to paint, do arts and crafts, write, draw, etc. Do what you love and have fun doing it. This allows you to express whatever it is that you may be feeling in the moment… therefore, get to work and enjoy yourself.
11. Release confrontation. If you are in need to confront a person with any negative feelings you may be experiencing, make sure you blow off steam before confronting them. Approaching them while in a bad mood can only worsen the situation. Give yourself time to regain your composure. Try out some techniques listed above to cool yourself down so you can go in with a clear mind-set.
Believe in yourself and you can Create What You Want.